Chemical Engineering Dissertation Topics: Top 20 Good Ideas
Choosing a chemical engineering dissertation topic can be challenging as the subject is complicated. Students often try to come up with the easiest topic idea. However, to compose a strong assignment, they should rather ask the right questions and pick something that has practical implications. Moreover, it is also important to mention that it is hard to compose a strong paper without being interested in a subject.
Good Sample Ideas for Your Chemical Engineering Dissertation
Having a list of well-composed sample dissertation topics on chemical engineering will help you get started and learn more about the prospective research areas:
- How to reduce carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere by increasing soil carbon sequestration capacity.
- The benefits of using sawdust as the source of energy in the process of biological denitrification.
- The basics of using a solar pond technology.
- How biodiesel is produced: comparison of different production methods.
- Polymeric materials: the production process and its impact on the environment.
- The advantages of using thermophotovoltaics in residential areas.
- Implications of nanomaterials in smart textiles.
- The utilization of high-temperature plastics in different industries.
- Hydraulic fracking: a technology to deal with cemented natural fractures.
- Methods of testing deep formations.
- Utilization of reactive separation techniques for contaminated air streams purification.
- Technologies used in chemical industry for industrial waste water treatment.
- The main applications of wood adhesive.
- The stages of production of vaporized perfume.
- Alternative sources of raw materials for cement production.
- The main reasons of corrosion and the ways to prevent it.
- How temperature influences hydrolysis of cellulose.
- Using synthetic coal in palm oil absorption.
- The property and classification of Enugu coal.
- How to produce brown and black polish of a high quality.
Final Suggestions: How to Get Inspired
It is a good idea to find out what topics are advertised by chemical engineering companies. Today, many of them cooperate with students and offer practical topics that are important for the industry. Writing your dissertation on such a topic may be rather complicated but you will learn up-to-date knowledge and its applications.
It also makes sense to look through dissertations written by your fellow students. This helps you define your area of interest and learn more about useful research methods and techniques. You can ask your professor to share a few works of his or her top students so that you will be able to understand what a good paper should look like.